Requisites & Hardware Suggestions
From Morrowind Overhaul Wiki
Welcome to the MGSO v3.0 Requisites & Hardware Suggestions
In this page you will find some info about the requisites of MGSO and some tips to help you choose the right setting for your system.
As you may know, MGSO comes with four sets of pre-made options, to help you get the mod running smoothly. Here are the requisites for each of them.
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz/AMD Athlon equivalent
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X800XT/nVidia GeForce 6600GT or equivalent
- RAM: 1GB
- CPU: Intel Pentium D 3.0GHz/AMD Athlon X2 3.0GHz
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1800XT/nVidia GeForce 7800GT or equivalent
- RAM: 1GB (WIN XP) 2GB (Vista or Seven)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo/AMD Phenom II
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850 - 4870/nVidia GeForce GTX 260 - 280 or equivalent
- RAM: 2GB (WIN XP) 4GB (Vista or Seven)
Very Fast PC
- CPU: Intel Core I7/AMD Phenom II (Better if overclocked)
- Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5850 - 5870/nVidia GeForce GTX 470 - 280 or equivalent
- RAM: 4GB
Video Cards Database
There are so many different models of video cards that things could get confusing while having to decide which settings fits your model. This database has been built to help you choose!
Here's how to check which settings are correct for your video card:
- Go to this link.
- Search for your video card in that list (by sorting it alphabetically or by using the "Find Videocard" button.
- Read the "Rank" field of the table
If the rank of your card is between 1 and 50 the right setting for you is Very Fast. 51 - 101 means Fast, 102 - 221 means Medium and every other card outside these bounds have to be considered Slow.
Another good thing you can do is visit the Benchmarks Page of the wiki to see how the mod performs on other configurations.